The initiative Univerbal aims to develop the language skills of migrants in their native language and in French in order to structure a community interpreting service that can meet the needs of languages not covered by the Walloon SETIS.
During the training, activities are based on the following objectives:
- Discover the profession of interpreter in a social environment through practical exercises, role-playing, internships, guests, visits, etc.
- Introduce the intercultural dimension present in any exchange between people speaking different languages
- Equip participants with concrete social, civic and legal information
- Produce content that is based on the field experiences of the participants during the courses.
- Organize and carry the project on the basis of multiple and complementary competences in order to promote a democratic and egalitarian functioning.